Pucuk paku is a type of tender fern that can be found in most markets. Only the shoots are taken because they are crunchy.
200 g pucuk paku
50 g canned Tuna1 red chilly (sliced)
5 cloves garlic (peeled of the skin)
2 tbsps oil for frying
Ingredients to be pounded:
2 fresh chillies
1 cm cube shrimps paste
2 cloves garlic
a pinch of salt
1. Pluck the shoots of pucuk paku, wash and drain them.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Fry the pounded ingredients till fragrant.
3. Add in the peeled garlic, sliced red chillies, tuna and pucuk paku.
4. Stir fry for a few minutes.
5. When cooked serve on a plate.
Do not cook the pucuk paku for too long or it will be slimy.
Labels: pucuk paku