1 kg tapioca
1 tbsp sugar
oil for deep frying
Ingredients for the batter:
1 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup water
1. Clean tapioca and boil in a pot until soft. Drain the water and put aside.
2. Put the boiled tapioca in a mixing bowl. Take out the inner roots found in the tapioca. This can be done by separating the cooked tapioca into two.
3. Mash the tapioca with a fork until fine. Mix in sugar.
4. Make small balls from the mashed tapioca. Put aside.
5. Prepare batter for deep frying. Mix all the ingredients for the batter.
6. Heat up a wok for deep frying. When the oil is hot, dip each tapioca ball into the batter and fry until golden brown.